Pages

4.30.2009

a foot poked out of the clouds









yeah, sometimes its hard to get going again. It was a tough couple of days for my wife, family, and friends. as I sat in the Cleveland Airport, sort a numb and a little drunk I just stared at the sky. You know the sky looks different in Ohio. I've lived in philly longer than any other place in my life. I'll always see myself as a buckeye, not that I was born in Ohio but the most formative years were there. The years I lived in the farm house did the most to me.


That house is my personality.





I am a cyclocross racer. I love to ride. and as I sat eating a cheese sub, watching the ephrata crit through the open door, I just relaxed and soaked it all in

My legs came back for the race. Again I attacked, an instigator. You would not be able to tell from my results: 10th RR, 7th TT, 9th Crit and 5th GC. sounds sorta like some conservative finishes. but I rode like I was a jarred hornet. I really enjoyed the crit, got in a 4 man break and worked it over some, made some tactical errors and, oh well, Happy with the motor, working on the brain. I love riding off the front of a road race, to attack a down hill, to sit and coast, tucked in hovering off the front of the race. I'm figuring it out, don't worry. I hope to soon have another victory or two this year. I hope.
that's a picture from my first race as a cat 3. The Race around the Lake? somewhere in Ohio. Yeah, I know, I gotta get off the hoods and down into the drops when I sprint. I got second, missed first by 4 or 5 inches. I did not feel like doing a training crit tonight so I did my intervals out the bike path, I think I ate 10,000 gnats. no toasting tonight, friends. dlowe.

No comments: