Pages

4.14.2009

DaDa


I went to the bar with George last night. During our short car trips, somehow we hit upon some very in depth conversations. Last night I was sorta reved up by the lack of "Art" photographers out there. Plenty of images over the years that are full of emotions and meaning. These pictures mostly are documentarlly done. That the image/subject itself creates the expression of emotion. Why does photography lack emotions itself? I could think of only one photographer who did more with technique, emotion, and using the camera as a tool to reveal their emotions into the picture. Man Ray. Apparently born somewhere in South Philly, I'm starting to think somehow philly has small pinholes spots of creativity focused down on it from the outer space. Think, Sun Ra, David Lynch, Edgar Poe, Manoj Shyamalan, ect... I'm not from philly, born in Indiana, and kicked about abit, I settled here aprx. 20 years ago. I really love the
dumb/intelligent, clever/simple, contrast that make up philly. I have the Batenkill race coming up, and sometimes when I race I like to have a theme, a subject to fall back on to ground me, to run through my head as I race. Batenkill is Man Ray. well Emmanuel Radnitzky does not really have that ring to it does it? opps, what I was getting at here is show your art respect, digital photography is easy, simple to capture a clever/creative shot. Just put a little more of yourself into it if you can. Cheers, dlowe. 6

No comments: