Pages

4.06.2009

A bee to Mexico



I'm sitting on the cusp. I think I'm sliding towards not getting sick, so no bike or gym and maybe just a couple of beers the next few days. As much as I love riding cross, I am really enjoying road racing. Still gotta spend some time on the Mtb, maybe a nice good day of Single Speed riding at Wissahickon to make me 100% again. You might wonder what bees and Mexico have to do with racing a bike. Well here it is. I think if you race long enough sooner or later your gonna loose your brain a little bit. Not like bonking. More like babbling and not quite seeing the world right. I've only felt it a few times, seems to be that crits bring it out in me, off the front in a brake, and hammering, doing good pulls, even recovering hurts, but you keep it going, you out talk your brain about quitting or you convince it you can hold the wheel in front of you. You ended up seeing bees and thinking maybe somehow you took a wrong turn and are in Mexico. I think every summer I find a different Mexican beer to enjoy. Pacifico, Tacate, and this summer my choice is Modelo Especial.


I've been carrying this flattened PBR light 30 pack case box since the Granogue Cross race. Its flat and stowes perfect in the car, takes up no room. It keeps my feet dry, clean and maybe a bit warmer while I change. Its holding up great. cheers, dlowe 14

No comments: