Pages

4.11.2009

periscope



This city is full of nooks and crannies. I just can't find a wide shot of it. You know a good city skyline view. I'm not sure there is one.

I hit the gym early and had a relaxing morning kickin about the house. I have been waiting for the right day to make it to Cafe con Chocolate. Today was a good day to go. I keep a big list of things to do, places I want to go, see, to drink at, to eat at. Today I crossed cafe con chocolate off the list. Went with Ljiljana, (my wife) for some lunch and exploring of taste buds. Its located off Snyder btwn 22nd and 21st, strange streets, it is really worth the journey. Extraordinary service and excellent food/coffee drinks.

Some more kickin' around the house, I waited for the clouds to clear. and as I had hoped, I could see the far off edge of the last grey cloud way in the distance off west, I got on my bike and spun my legs.

got lucky, not that I mind riding in the rain, but riding as the weather changes, especially to sun is invigorating. Tonight, I think it might be a simple night, popcorn maybe a movie. I opened a nice Lambic from Brouwerij De Troch, for Lee as she goofs off on her computer. A little sweet, so she "fortified" it with a shot of slivovitz. Got some more kidney punching hills to ride tomorrow. Thats it. Blog On! Cheers, dlowe 9


1 comment:

D M Smith said...

The best skyline shots I have found are from the top of a parking garage in Camden and from a little park near Powelton/Spring Garden at Drexel. You have to be able to get up a bit above ground to get them.
But to getting the best shot is more of a "when" question than a "where" question. The city looks best in front of a dark sky. The Camden shot is great in the early morning when the sun is coming up and the dark night sky is still behind the city. The view from the west is best in the afternoon after a storm has passed. The dark sky hanging out over Jersey and the low sun in the west lights up the steel & glass of the buildings.