Pages

4.19.2009

Postpartum elation



oh the beers in the fridge, chill'n just some hot rod rye for my cool down and early to bed evening. The Team crit is down, I was up early, and me and the bike made our way out to ye olde office park to help get it on. I maned the day of registration. nice. Best part of the day was helping a young lad (I don't know his age but maybe he was 9) by showing him the dlowe method of pinning on your number. Got him pinned up nice, It doesn't make you any faster just a little more pro looking. And dudes, don't forget, when you catch those chance reflections of yourself in your total kit and accessories, we look like dorks. Hey ladies like my little socks? By the way did you notice they match my gloves and sunglasses? I'm a dork just like the rest of you.


I stood in the shower and watched the grey grime and soapy water roll down my clean shaven legs, followed its contrasting hue as its clouds dissolved and rolled down the drain. Good bye dirt. As my weekend of racing is done, I feel better than when I started, and looking forward to more. I did not win anything, or even come close this weekend. But this is for me.

Cheers mates! dlowe. #1

No comments: