Pages

4.04.2009

a bonus


well, while some of you got out to race I got to push the rock up the hill. I was happy to be working today. Everybody was nice, and it all went well. I've always sorta enjoyed riding up hill, not that I'm fast or anything. I started riding later in life, and being a stubborn rider, most of the times I rode above my skill level, which was pretty much zero. I started out mountain biking, and a lot of crashing was involved. I did better going up hill and not crashing then on the way down. Uphill I could go as hard as my lungs and legs let me. I've crashed on straight, flat, open single track. I was bad. Maybe somewhat stupid, I didn't care about the scabs, and I had lots of fun. Still do. Where does all this jabber take me, to pre thinking, strategies, learning from my mistakes, but still going all out. This 30 blogs in 30 days thing has been a good test of endurance. Quite a bigger challenge than I thought it would be when I set out. I'm sorta at the half-way point, and came close to quitting today. But I know you need me. Hello reader, I raise my glass of hot rod rye and drink to .... me! ah yes... and to YOU. Looking forward to hopping on my bike and riding to lemon hill to race tomorrow. Cheers, dlowe. 16

No comments: