Pages

8.30.2009

glad I could Chip in.


as I sip a new taste experience, brought to me by Dogfish Head, I contemplate the words I want to put up here. Kelly got his cross school on this morning, tutoring and bring a new crop of X'ers up to a slow speed. Some will fall in love with cross, others will shy away afraid of it. Others will just abandoned the sport, not able to accept the commitment needed to complete 1 race. I've fallen in love with it, all of it, and I showed up to listen and maybe chip in a bit. Mostly a lot of smiles, and one hard headed Ann Rock knocked semi-out by a bad remount. I left to go do a crit. To this Crit I chipped in my entry fee. A fast first lap and a quick implosion and withdraw with my tale tween my legs. So I sip, and what I sip must be made with a risk, love, chance... Thanks to Jeff Appeltans for making some nice recommendations in the Beer asile. Cheers to my friends and foes, to the coming cross season. and to sturborness way that I race. dlowe.
This beer is based on chemical analysis of pottery fragments found in Honduras which revealed the earliest known alcoholic chocolate drink used by early civilizations to toast special occasions. The discovery of this beverage pushed back the earliest use of cocoa for human consumption more than 500 years to 1200 BC. As per the analysis, Dogfish Head’s Theobroma (translated into 'food of the gods') is brewed with Aztec cocoa powder and cocoa nibs (from our friends at Askinosie Chocolate), honey, chilies, and annatto (fragrant tree seeds).

No comments: