Pages

8.18.2009

Drive

did the drives ride for my cross workout. Its now down to 3 laps, so I went to the front early and did some long pulls, not breaking up the nice flow/rotation, but tried to take a turn when no one was on my wheel and just drove it for a bit. I don't have a fancy bike lo' computer but I tried to glance down and look at my speed and see what I could hold. Think of it when you ride off the front and do a solo attack, you've got to get away from the field and then stay at least as fast as your chasers, and hold it to the end. Not like baking brownies, that's hard. So as I said I did my time. I made it a good cross work out, even though it was on my road bike.


I like the header photo. I've crashed so many times. Last night at grass track, the rear tire was letting loose often so there were numerous pile ups. The first big one I tipped toed through. The second, just follow "Yogi" Lebairs' wheel and he did one of those skid outs to the left and slaps to the ground, well I avoid his head and ride my maxxis raze straight between his shoulder blades, give the bars a shove, and hop over and just run out of it. Picked up the bike, put the chain on and jumped back in. "yoggies" was ok, some blood and tire marks, I sure he was a bit sore today.


crashing is just part of riding, cheers, dlo

2 comments:

sam ---- tots said...

awesome photo! I saw it on facebook! I love how someone commented about some of the best cross riders in the area in that pile up, I only see 1 awesome cross rider ... hahaha....hahahha.... trying to get out for a quick ride in Toledo here, but it looks like it might not happen...

d.lowe said...

grass track has been a blast, I would really like to thank Kelly Cline for putting in the time and effort to make it happen.