Pages

8.24.2009

elbow, push, pedal

I was a little evil tonight in grass track, sorry but I got a package today, opened it before my ride over to the grass track "practice". Its an evil eye candle.



Its lit right now, staring at me as I sip my Modelo especial from a can and write this. I know where I picked up the first hint of evil, from work last week. I think it was from some simple mojo from the Dr. Evil chair Bob made. The job was sweet, and even had a couple "feats of strength" to cap off the wrap.


but that all leads me back to tonight's grass track. OK I've bought the wheels JK lent me to try out. I did not want to give them back. I really like 'em. I was a bit lazy tonight and said "oh what the HELL". I've got them set up tubeless, and I worry about burping, and have been riding clinchers for grass track. Since they were on the bike I rode it the way it was. My few practices laps, I knew that they were the choice. They dug in and star wars-ed me through the corners. My first victim was a Matt Harris, just shoved my nose up the inside and sorry to say leaned into him a bit. Next Kristin Gavin got the taste of my tight turning radius ground sucking tires and I pinched the gap and with a startle went by. Got Matt a few more times, and everyone else I could. Not sporting of me but fun. I'm sure next week they will have some plans to take me out, maybe get me to down a couple of fried pickles or something sinister before we hit the grass oval of death. cheers, d l o

No comments: