Pages

8.08.2009

loopie

I felt fine, bright, attentive, a bit stiff but every bit ready for the big loop. Its a 3 hr cross ride, that leaves from my house and uses the trails, roads, and anything else I can throw in to make a fun ride. I took no bottles, just the bare necessities. Everything I need is along the way. The storms had added a bit of twist to the trails, and more offs and ons, and I could sense my brain not quite alive as I thought, still a little bit beaten down from work. I battled on, too proud to take it easy. I followed no lines, cause most of the times I was making the new lines. I saw the tremendous power that the run off had on the landscape. Our yards and driveways might look Leave it to Beaver cute but when a drenching rain comes, those hard surfaces just funnel the rain water into a devilish rage, and everything we've tried to squeeze in here and there, not quite well thought out and designed, gets beat down.





I came across some huge trees, toppled over and this little house

just sitting out in the woods, I've ridden close by and never saw it till this ride, its only a few feet from the over-growth. I didn't make the loop, I started to get loopy, took a bunch of spills, and bent some fingers backwards, but they popped right back so that was OK.

Saw that Nikki won her race at Mt. snow. Yeah!

but Chad emailed me that his shoulder is fucked up, so no riding and chatting with my friend, it sucks that Anna and Chad are moving to Boulder in a week, they are good peeps with fast pins, and one of the few peoples who can put up with me. I hope to get out to see em real soon.

and today, came across a banged up family on the drives. Yep a dad, mom, young daughter and little son. Two bikes laying in the road and crying kids, seems the girl riding in a front child seat some how got her foot down into the spokes and cause a big crash as they all looked pretty scraped up. Helped calm them, got the rescue squad to them and dropped off there bikes. They will all be ok, but not a good saturday for them.

Lee got bit by our cat, trying to keep it away from a dog. and George won't return my calls. The world is a bit loopy. To my friends who stop by, thanks for your wisdom and personalities. Cheers, as I lift yet another beer. dlowe

No comments: