Pages

8.14.2009

finding "it"

Out on my single speed moutain bike ride my mind was full, so I have some info to dump:

for those looking for racing shoes, mine are Sidi's. I ride a Cannondale. Tublartires; challenge grifo cross 32's. Psi varies. On Revolution Wheelworks Rev 25x wheels. I am self coached, using trainpeaks. I do a can of redbull and vanilla cliff shot 20 mins. before I race. I run Pauls brakes, they are light, easy to set up and affordable, for me. a 12 x 27 cassette. Two rings up front. I use crankbrother candy SL pedals. I study photos of cross racers, I look at the cable routing, hand positions, balance, everything.... I watch videos, of how a leg, a knee is lifted, at what angle, where it slips over the saddle. I look at the hands, how they move from the drops to the hoods to how many fingers are sitting atop the brake lever. When someone passes me, I think of what went into it, where, why, good, bad,... I train in the rain, practice cornering in mud. I do my running with my bike, ether pushing it or carrying it. I hate to run. I like Strong coffee, like La Colombe.



I like hoppy beer, but sometimes a real cold PBR is the best. I use king of shaves gel to shave my legs with. After a race I use IcyHot gel under full leg warmers, sometimes compression tights. I am a vegetarian. My favorite color is red. but don't hold me to any of it, will change on a whim. cheers. dlowe

No comments: