Pages

8.29.2009

floundering blue car

I turned the corner to get started on my intervals and some old blue car, a slow putter kinda of beat car with a skeavie driver passed me. I expected eye bulging pain from my intervals and was already in the mental state to get it on, so I got them on. Just a series of 8 short burst up hill with 3 min. recoveries. Each time soft pedaling I'd get another glimpse of the blue sedan, passing me, pulled over, up the road. I guess it was there to keep up my adrenaline. I didn't leave and held onto my workout spot despite the damn blue sedan. I sat at the "T" at the base of the hill finished with my work and just getting my senses together and the creepy car passed one last time. Then gone. Leaving me confused, hot and ready to enjoy some just riding along without looking over my shoulder. I put it all into my workout log. "Good interval session, full effort, rode with a tad of real fear".

Its philly so its hot, and a bit humid. On my warm down I headed to the old mill to seek out a little cool. I hiked with my bike through the overgrown brush, and up the wash out to the spill. I stood along the old stone retaining wall and felt the chill, and the mist of water, it re-coated me with a crispness, removing most of my salty beer sweat shell upon my skin. A very good day back on the bike.


and as a bonus, a picture of my saddle:


despite feeling a notch up from crap, I'm still laughing at myself. Well that's it, and ...be good... go Kick Ass. dlowe.

No comments: