Pages

8.16.2009

E-I-E-I-O






Today I did the big loop. The whole loop, I even got the belmont part in on the end of it all, for a total of around 3.5 hrs on the cross bike. Three parks, lots of soft climbs, cobbles, and rutted out overgrown snake thin trails. I leave from my front door on my two wheels and just go.


After the ride I felt a bit of lingering pep, might of been the double exp. so me and the lady got in the car and went to the farmers market. Not to close to home, but a nice farm selling "real" fresh from the field produce. I husked the corn and I could feel the sappy sugar coating my fingers, dropped in the boiling water, stabbed with the fork and eaten while still too hot, the corn was..... corn. What do you need, some kind of adjective to tell you how something that's lost its taste, (factory farmed, picked and shipped and stacked in the bins at the supermarket) should regularly taste. For some of you, I'm sure its just another regular thing, fresh corn. For me its not. I grew up with a big garden, and lots of fresh corn, the sweet silver queen and the yellow. Fresh from the garden and just dropped into a pot of boiling water.


Dock Street.
Went to Dock St. last night to sip the rye IPA and eat some pizza. I like Dock st. real nice building, nice window light.

but hate the service. Its like everyone that works there was an extra in 12 monkeys, and they all are so sloth like, unengaged. Every time your seated, nice, hello, and you sit, and wait..... I usually get up and ask one of the sloths, standing and talking to one of the other sloths, "um... how do I get a beer?... and nod towards my table". Pleasant but unmotivated emotionally dead wait person gives you some service, sorry to say, poured a tad short for my taste,....


and vacantly stops by a longish once in a while. You know I'm going to have at least two beers. Then after your done eating,



and might have one more cold beverage,
they have disappeared. Not in the room, no where!... despite the poor service, I'll be back, I love the beer and the pizza is really good.



Time for a farm stand "fresh" peach and fig. Gonna be hot for grass track tomorrow. I Like The Heat. cheers, dlo.

No comments: