Pages

11.22.2010

Honey Tone

groove could be a rut
nice niche
shelter
path


groove- "Brother John"  Clutchy Hopkins And Lord Kenjamin

I went to the shed, and proceeded to polish up the old Raleigh.   In my short riding life, their have only been a couple of bikes that I have fallen in love with.    The first, my Schwinn Homegrown, my first grown up real ride.   That had snap, crackle and sizzle.  I'll get one again. 

and this Raleigh.  Its cheap. Heavy.  Utilitarian.  Like a Danelector guitar and its lipstick pickup.
Its got some new bits hear and there, and wheels that don't really roll to round.
You can't find anything like her, her shape, simplicity.
I love my Raleigh.

I breezed about Belmont with my eyes half closed, following a memorized trail hidden in a thick yellow leaves.

I heard some rustling, and a bloke stood, in the distance.  We road for a bit.

Spinning home takes a bit more time.  and we, the Raleigh and I, stopped to take advantage of the angle of the fall suns rays.

Ljiljana and I went to Teresas' Cafe to Celebrate 24 years of marriage.   The cafe had a good beer list, but no soul.   no need to pay a return visit.

soil
terra fume
sky

cheers! d. lowe


2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

congrats on 24 years... that's rad...

respect
fm

adam said...

Thanks for letting me ride with you and showing me some of the trails. I hope I did not hold you up too much.