Pages

5.03.2009

Woodes Roger




My bike is leaning out front on the porch, dripping off. Waiting for a rub down, and to be hung back up in the spare bedroom/office/high performance training center. You know a room that's got a tv, and bikes and crap that can't really go in any other room, but all that odds bit and things are useful so they needs their own space. A practical room, has a hard time not being an ugly room, as much as I try to give everything a style and flair. This room will never look French. "Hey dude you look really french today!" oh well. I rested uneasy last night, I kept waiting to hear the sound of rain. It came early this morning, and the skylight that I bought with my Monday night football pool winning a few years ago, automatically whirled and closed. I like to race in the rain. As I got dressed in my kit I pulled open the top drawer and pulled out some old gloves.
Today was their last day. Worn and thread hanging. I dedicated today's crit to them. I did them proud, not so much with and 11th place finish but with my needling the field, I felt good, so all my thoughts of just riding in the mass was again not for me. Off the front, many of times. Not quite right and despite all my efforts no breaks got working. Still had some pop for the sprint but not enough balls and 11th is what I get. I enjoyed racing today. time to stuff some newspaper in the shoes and throw the clothes in the dryer. I'm a bit wordy. dl.

1 comment:

CM said...

You looked strong out there.