Pages

5.31.2009

nasty

I think I'm going to call all my bikes some sorta Nelly name. The above bike has now earned the name, "Nasty Nell". She is a good girl, that red GF Paragon rigid 29er. I raced her today, and hammered away on her. A little skull f'n, and She in return was dependable, strong, fast and predictable, just what I needed to get my feet muddy by Mountain Bike Racing again. Hey I think that during the race I gave Marc a WTF look, as I was in my suffering state. The look you might have when someone pops open the door on you at an old high school party while your making out with your girl, in the parents bedroom. He was doing what he does so well, just giving me a few yells of encouragement. Thanks. and my team mates, good to see ya. and Anthony, that pbr tasted good after my finish. How did I do. Fine. better than fine, not first or anything, but I got a lot of small satisfactions out of it.
back to my road bike tomorrow to spin out some of the kinks left from the cramps, but overall, I don't feel to wiped out. and maybe another easy spin and the drives ride Tuesday. Then I'm pulling out the books and slide rule and my old secret, yellowed paper, Cyclocross training notes, and getting my mind ready for the real racing season. Cheers, and crackin a cold one. dlowe. um watch your fonts!

No comments: