Pages

5.27.2009

just riding

yesterday, I sat and wanted to ride. I looked out the windows. Looked like rain. so I rode. Did the drives ride. A small group of us sat at the Falls Bridge and let a few minutes go by 6:30, no one else was going to show up, the light changed and off we went for a great small group work out, churning out 4 nice laps in sometimes a soft mist. Riding hard enough to stay warm. Today, Sun. Went for a late ride, easy ride, and often on an easy ride I'll hit the Calder Fountain.
I like these days on the bike, I have to admit that sometimes that all those hard efforts and pushing hard can lead me to be a, short, hard, tense person. Today the sun wiped it clean, in a way shaking my etch a sketch brain back to a blank grey screen. The bike is special, and I feel lucky when I have the time/opportunity to be riding.
Tomorrow I'll go for a ride. cheers, ya blokes! dlowe

No comments: