Pages

5.29.2009

the last straw


well made it out to Earth for some of the Smuttynose fresh beers on tap. I spent the earlier part of the day trying to get some chops back on the mountain bike. I took the GF paragon out, the thing rides like a Buick, its a lot of work to keep on top of this one. It seems long, I feel way up in the air, it feels like two separate bikes; a front end and the BB/rear wheel. Quite a trick to get the flick down to time the lift of the beast over logs. Today I dropped some spacers and lowered the bar. that seemed to help a bit. Other wise I'm on the internet, looking at 29er geometry to find a frame that matches up to my xxix raleigh. I love that bike.


I tried 4 of the Smutty's first I went for my favorite, Scotch Ale, full, lick your lips flavor, strong, good, good.

then it was the IPA, so hoppy and full of that stoner flavor, smokey like the stoner kids army jacket in high schooled smelled. Pungent. again good, good. My favorite.

then a sip or two of the Weizen style, don't remember the name, not my cup of tea.

To finish off the night I got the Star island single, an abbey style ale, a delicate beer, sorta spiced, again not my cup of tea.
Going to try to make it back to sample the porter and the stout.
and the straw thing. Well the bar has this sorta ding batty bartender, and I've seen her do this on a couple of different visit. After she pours the beers and they settle for a bit, waiting for the waiter to take then to a table, the foam dies down and instead of topping of the glass. She will grab a straw and whip up a foamy top. Hummmm, just top it off my lass. cheers, beer drinking bikers and other inhabitants of the planet. dlowe.

1 comment:

tots said...

I saw that girl do the straw thing too... weird.