Pages

5.08.2009

fogged/steamed up. buried

I stripped off my work clothes, my nice slacks, casual shoes and collard shirt and put on last years kit. Went off on the SS to Belmont and around. Belmont's growing so I put on an older kit not to snag or rip my new clean, fresh newish kit. Despite all the rain the trails were nice, and no new tread signs so I was out on em by myself.

The camera got a little fogged up in my jersey. The photos are from the trolley platform that the trail rides up onto and down off of. Thousands of people stood here, going to the amusement park that is gone. To the lake, roller coasters, fun house and velodrome. Oh well its still a nice platform.

In the woods, you can see the forms of foundations, the line or pattern of the same aged trees, or a flat bed that sorta climbs on the side of a hill.


I went back home on the familiar trail and did a little looking around the backyard at a few more gravestones. Not sure what races I'll feel like doing this weekend. Trying to amp myself up to do some mountain bike racing again, maybe. cheers, dlowe.




No comments: