Pages

9.29.2009

little


fatal little flaws.  I've got a few,  I am lucky that most of them just added to my life, despite my laying in bed thinking about how I need to change 'em.  Looking at the clock  reading 4:33a.   How many times I say "I'll change 'em".    and despite my tongue or lack of stickin to tactics, life still treats me pretty well.  again Somewhere in all this racing stuff I've forgot that it is racing.  To win?  Ha! To ride.  Don't worry I have plenty of podium speed in my legs, and plan to pack more into my hard training body, its just not the reason, to race.    This year I'm nicking my shins on the barriers. 

I'm out of town staying in a hotel I stayed in 12 years ago, ate at a place I ate at 12 years ago.  I remember driving home from playing a show in Albany, NY.  the punk years,  and the headlights  off in the distance look like little campfires.  Not a great show, but I still remember so many  feelings from that night years ago. 
I think to myself  "if I want something, I should look to myself to get it", you know, its not up to you to make me happy or rich or even fast. 

so as I stare down my beer bottle, looking at the little bubbles inside its kneck,.....  I toast Nick,  Ride on. 
cheers, dlowe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said my friend. You and I have to sit down after a race one time and have a beer.