Pages

9.23.2009

Wipe

Today, I worked on the "person" side of my training. It is easy to come off as a douche, or to get riled up from some little thing that you make into an issue. If it rolls on and picks up the tacky mud it gets messy, and soon unenjoyable for everyone. I'm lucky, to race in an area that has so much support and development of the cyclocross sport. Its freakin fast, and tough, but always should be fun, enjoyable, and satisfying. Win, Lose, Mechanical, someone wrecks you out, you get tangled up in the tape and drag a big hunk of it, caught in you gears, for a good bit.

Tonight I road aggressive but kinder in the corners, timed my passing to not bomb down and pinch, but to slingshot in and out around. I'm not always the best chatter, but I work on it. and that small talk goes along way in making a good vibe.

I swithced up my tires, went with the clinchers, Maxxis Razes. My old tread of choice, and I returned to them to see what I've learned since leaving 'em. They do bite well, to a point, and they give a bit earlier than the Challenge grifo's tubulars (They've got them at the Shop) I've been now using. The raze are not a bad tire, I could still race them, but tubular is better.
oh yeah my test.... I went out hard and pushed em, and then a little more lean, and then,... ah wash out.

That's a nice color dirt, not to hard of a fall and as I pealed back the bibs, no mark on the thigh. Next test, laundry/stain removal.

Now whats really unlike me is I'm liken the pumpkin beers, hmm, gonna go crack one now, Brooklyn Brewery's Post Road Pumpkin Ale, Pretty good. Yep, I'd give it a pretty good. Need to go find a tap and drink some fresh stuff. Boo! dlowe.

No comments: