Pages

9.15.2009

weedie

today is a day off the bike, ...so the alarm went off, I called George and the ride was on. I was one minute late to the meeting spot. I stopped to snap a photo from my trail of the sun rising. Off the bike? Not really.
I like weeds along the my trail, and it seems that some group, that has the big pile of dough, for sprucing up my trail, does not. They like to get busy and hack all plants (weeds) down, and put it all into piles, and there it sits. I like the wild flowers, Queen Ann's lace, the big leafed 14' plants, the dense reed like undergrowth. Quaffed is not my thing. I like that natural look.

The ride starts with a nice roll out, to the steep cobble climb, around the abandoned reservoir, beer trail, meadow, big monster, forbidden drive to some sipping and sit down time with coffee. For an off day there are some good peppery efforts in there, and despite what this physically does or doesn't do for my legs its really good for my mind and motivation. Its good to have plenty of good times on the bike.

I've been thinking about power meters, with my short efforts and a specific zone/work to do, its hard to use PE or HR to measure the amount of effort your putting forth. but do I have to test myself to find my work zones?, uggh, that sounds like no fun, and how often do I have to test? but I'm sure that one day that power will have its place in my training. not quite yet. still a lot to learn about the PE aspect, and what these intervals and what that shit does to my body. Lovely,..... cheers, dlowe.

No comments: