Pages

9.19.2009

wounds, welts, whezzing, whew!

MAC 1.  Nittany Lion Cross.
Nittany Lion?   No lion. Needs new name. 



Nice sunny cool day to race. A very nice course, taking advantage of much of the landscape as it could. Mostly laid out with the cornering around trees, no road section, and it was a lot of lead footing it out of corners and burning matches on the straights. I raced the Master 35/45 Elite, I'm 47. A lot of confused and grumpy dudes at the starting grid as no one could figure out the small number of call-ups, or who and why you got called up. Just a few rows of civilness and then elbows and 'tude as we all scrummed it for position. So the start for me was like holding on to the line of the Popeye balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. We gave the spectators a good show, elbowing, crunching and cussin' through the 1st 3rd of the 1st lap. Sorts turned back to normal. I passed a dozen or so, and then found my battle. Won the small battle but could not bridge up to a bigger battle just a bit ahead of me. Results: 37th overall 35/45, I don't know where I place as a 45. Funny to me that's the category I race in but, I guess its not really important enough to break apart from the 35 results. I can't wait for timing chips. Onward to the Charm City, I think I'm gonna pull a Black Friday, and get to the start grid really early and get up front. Cheers, and really a happy to be cross racing oldster. dlowe.


todays race earned ONE GERDIE the TURKEY POINT. 

No comments: