Pages

11.01.2009

Sapling

just enjoying my coffee, a few quite moments this Sunday morning.  Soon I head out to to race, and its going to be muddy, its a course I've yet to master. 
Yesterday, Beacon, fast, fast, and I kept my fingers off the brakes and rode the berms and felt good, better still.  Not up to top speed but nice to be getting faster, and then my fitness is a bit suspect, dropping off the last 1.5 laps.  I took a look over my shoulder to see how long I could catch my breath, before the next group of wolves pounced on me, and off into the thick bristled brush I pedaled.  My eyes, eyed up a sappling and for a second or two it was gonna hit me right 'tween the eyes, but I steered deeper into the brush and the vines and my brakes pulled me to a safe stop.  

and as a reward I had a red velvet cupcake.

Friday my Mom and Stepfather came to town, a quick visit from Pittsburgh, and a nice lunch at Stella.  The "stylized"  earthy pizza place,  everthing was good, very good, but still you can't buy atmosphere, its in your soul, and dispites its attempt, it is a tad "malled" style. Forced. 

I got a few snaps at Beacon,  I liked the series of Valentin leading the charge over the top step of the first lap, up the amp. of pain. 




No comments: