Pages

11.03.2009

lobbied


I show up and sit in lobbies.  We meet, show our ID's, get our Visitor Pass, and into corporate world we roll are magliners of equipment.   Lunch in the cafeteria, and if all goes well out the door before 5.  Today no bike, not one squared off pedal stroke of bad form.  I do need to work on my form.  Just another bloke making a buck to buy some aluminum cogs for my rear derailier. 

What do I got.  Well  the oldish geezer who drove down the picture car,  I looked at him sitting in the vehicle while I toiled and pulled the propper bits to rig the rig.  Behind a news paper.  Each knucle grasping an edge, tight, and crumpling it a bit.  Was he trying to see through it?  and he read and gnarled the words off the pages, hunting down stories with a dog nose sniffing and snorting.  When he found a morsel he ate it like sweet summer corn on the cob, teeth snipping to the corn kernal roots.   Vigor and Zest.

Tomorrow I'll do my training in the dark.  I look forward to the magic carpet ride down Forbiden Drive.  What should I do?  I think 4 x 10mins. a few hills and some standing looking out across the bluff in the full moon light.    I have tipped a few back tonight, and with that my friends, adios... "the Heckler". dlowe.

No comments: