Pages

11.17.2009

1/2 swift

I'm not real smart, and I'm OK with that.  In the end were not judge by being the fast guy, or rich guy, or dork, were judged by our soul.  I don't believe in God but I do believe in soul.   Thats why I like to drink a bit now and then,  I slip the key under the door and let the poor wanker out for a bit of fresh air.  


I went out on the Mountain bike to the Wiss today,  still trying to recover from Sat. and Sunday.  Had a nice ride on the Salsa.  As I was leaving a rider past and pedaled just ahead of me.  He was fit and had some cut calfs, a rider.  I wanted to get home and was in the big ring but I did not just want to jump this guy and blow by.   I rode back a bit over the undulating path and at a flat section I pulled along side him, gave a nod and pedal onward at a faster pace.  He stayed a bit back off my wheel, but did pick it up some and paced off me.  We dropped on to ridge then hit the split left up main.  I was moving and he drafted and took advantage of my need to get home quick.    At Shures Lane I slowed for the light, drifted left a bit and he passed right, a nod "brother", and up the hill on his way. 

Respect,  Soul,  I owe a thanks to fatmarc, thanks for cheering me on at the Iron Hill Mtb. race.  Its been a long time since I raced on the Mtb. and a long time since I've heard a voice in the woods encouraging me on.      and the season is coming to an end and all I can do is look forward to riding my bikes. 
cheers, dlowe.


No comments: