Pages

11.02.2009

Ear Bud




Night's early now, and I sat and waited for the tow truck to come pick up my limping Rav4.  A little broken rear wheel rod and my crooked wheeled mobile was outta comission.   I drive a lot, and to  a lot of races, guess I'm just set up nice 'cause I'm usually the one doling out the rides.  This year we've visited Union(hellhole)City GA, Greensville SC, Batenkill NY, Lousiville KY again, Upstate PA,  and all the "local" racing.   Oh well,  I might have my thumb out seeing if I can impose on someone to get me and my bikes down to Fairhill.

Yesterday was the HPcx race lots of mud.  I rode like a bulldozer.  not too fast.  I think I've become complacent in my suffering.   I fall into my comfort pain and don't push past it enough.  See I need an ear bud playing a tape of screaming, insults, encouragement and cowbells to Rev me along.   After a good rinse off and some inspections of the gauges from post, wacks by competitors shoulder bikes, and what ever else I manage to come in contact with, I grabbed a beer and got some snaps of the Elite men. 

I wonder what compact rental I'll be driving for the next few days, and where/what race trip drive will me and Rav be headed to next?     cheers,  and thanks for the beer Tony, dlowe.






No comments: