Pages

11.22.2009

flacid

on the way home from the Hamptons, cheerio....

Flacid in the terms that I'm spent.  Quite a year, and quite a weekend of racing.  Two days up in the Hamptons, and the short prep of getting the legs back caught up with me a bit.  I was able to go crossed-eyed percent effort but got my humble ass handed to me by faster, better riders.  I was still happy with my ride, just felt a bit like the brakes were rubbing.     A dinner out with 20 or so cross friends, now that was just what the season needed.   I think every season I'll be going to Louisville, the Hamptons, and Reston.    Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth once said in an interview that she likes to go on stage hungry.   I like to put every race right behind me, its not what I've done, but what I can do.   well on to the showers a little grooming and some celebrating 23 years of marriage to a wonderful gal,  Ljiljana my Love.  cheers, dlowe.

No comments: