Pages

11.29.2009

Phelp Helped

Ha,  I had the slowest crash on my bike today.  I pre-road the super sweet, and nice and local Phelps School Cyclocross race.  Mr. Kevin Saint Clair and his Main Line Cycling/Bikyles pals did a great job of putting it on.    Well I found my lines and I found out that ain't quite enough.   I love the start of this race, down a long grass landing strip into a hard left fast down hill off camber.  I sat in the top 10.  I hit my line going into a tight uphil 180 and the high side was closed off, I'm not one to t-bone and push it, and I stalled on the inside, and dumped it on the drive side into the tape, stuck and clipped in.  The horses galloped by.  I got on, and had some good legs, lung and sense of humor and got it on.    It weeded out, and I was in a contest with the brother of the beast I competed against at Mercer, The Dr. Barry Wahner.   I know he has a better engine, and a faster rider,  so I went out and tried to out ride him.  We battled, and that was good, and I got him today.

I like attention, but it makes me uncomfortable.  Personality, yep needs to be big, not outwordly, and not contrived.  Modest, caring, helpful, giving,...rude and drunk....  I've been craving Nebraska,


I don't listen to this Springsteen album to often.  It is one of my all time favorites, and today I called upon it to recenter me. Spirit, humph...cross...brotherhood....Yesterday on a warm down after the race it was a group of 10 I think, masters, different team, all just done from the same battle, you'd never know passing in your car.  Just another group of Freds ready for recumbents.  and today I'm glad I went out and raced, and next Sunday thats it, and on to some tinkering on the bikes, shorter stem, aloy cogs, brake bits, new treads...  and riding and planning and more freaking.... more racing.
cheers, my brother and sister, Lets kick out the Jams Mother Fuckers. dlowe.

No comments: