Pages

10.30.2009

Good Fall Ride

after some unintentional motivation from a facebook post "fun out riding cross in the rain", I hopped on my bike and got my drizzle ride on.  Wednesday, a cobbles a calling,...

if you live and ride in Philly, you should be riding these things.  Always an enjoyable ass kicking. 

Pedaled about,  made it to my favorite meadow trail in the Wissahickon



and on my way home I was sadden  to come across the "rules" of my trail.

Maybe time for the sawzall, and a little trail pruning needed here.   but I think my real solution is cutting in a nice bluff trail and make a new line, something simple, natural and bring real improvement to this short spur of a $1.3 millon connector trail  (that is the real budget for this trail).   

Up early yesterday, and spent the day working on an HBO sport doc.  saw the morning night turn to gray clouds, over West Point. 


On to the weekend and some good racing.  cheers, dlowe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a newbie to philly and cross, but I was wondering where these cobbles were and what your "big loop" ride is?

d.lowe said...

M. Anonymous, cheers, um my big loop is just whatever I feel like riding from my front door, you know throwing together urban, park and road to make a nice ride. here is a link to the cobbles,http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Port+Royal+Ave,+Nixon+St+,+Philadelphia,+PA&sll=40.048101,-75.254073&sspn=0.004115,0.009624&ie=UTF8&hq=Port+Royal+Ave,&hnear=Nixon+St,+Philadelphia,+PA+19128&ll=40.048117,-75.25403&spn=0,359.92301&t=h&z=14&layer=c&cbll=40.048028,-75.254035&panoid=Xn9xyhKUrdJaKF_NvrBPug&cbp=12,1.1,,0,-5.87