Pages

10.26.2009

Fold Back

I like the drive, to drive.  On the way home from Mr. Lousiville, from racin' the USGP Sat. and Sunday, I got some foldback time, some self monitoring.    Foldbacks in sound terms is the stage monitor system, for the artist to hear themselves/mix of the music.   My terms means the mix of me and life.   Driving is sorta the mantra, the hum, and you can't help but relax, so if you let it you can really dig into your brain and look "hear" your thinking.  What'd I get out of it?  I don't know, sorta like a dream, if you don't write it down it ends up rolling and morphin and just floating away, like time and the miles.   I really like Louisville, small town, big heart, lots of soul and simply It Can't Help Itself  But To Be Real sort of town.  Found a great place to hang out and drink, eat and talk Saturday after the race.  Sent to by a bartender the Swan Dive was outstanding, a Veggie place,

I can't wait to go back next year.  Went with the increasing getting really faster Paul Wahner,and   Mistro Jeff Appeltans.  Two other master 45+ kicking my ass cross racers.   After all the talk, food and beers, we had some custom iced cupcakes and on to bed we were sent.  Racin, what can I say, after two weeks of cough up my lungs, Sunday I finally started to feel a bit human, so I went fast for .35 of a lap, and then just battled 3 other dudes for  21, 22, 23, and 24.  I got 24.    To think two years ago at the Mercer USGP I was 6th and it seems so innocent and easy.   When I crossed the line Sunday, I was happy, I worked and suffered a bit, who knows, maybe this time off and some smart building I can come out and rock some races in a few weeks and finnish the cross season off strong.  I feel spoiled, and privledge already, but I don't mind trying to stick my hand into the candy jar and scram out of the shop with my 5 finger discount, gotta think "top shelf"  me standing on the podium spraying the clouds with 16oz PBRs.      one photo for you, somehow I get the first corner crash here's this years... cheers, cough, hack ...dlowe.
I am really in love with the BBC Jefferson Reserve, damn, just going to drink all I've brought back tonight and stagger about the house and cry for more.

No comments: