Pages

7.12.2009

Who's nose? Who Knows?

I've never worried about what people thought about me because of this blog. Not that I don't do a lot of self editing. I gotta keep my friends, family, and job, so I just don't run everything out of my mind onto the page, even though it might seem like it.
I like to stick my nose out there. Despite my punk rock loss of hearing I keep my ears pealed open to non discreetly soak up your private/public conversation. As a crit racer I'm sitting just off the front sniffing the air, looking to make or be the brake. Today it was a Mtb race. My mind was very calm and I did a lot of thinking during the race. At times my nose got the better of me and my poorish skills, and I did bite it in a soft dirt corner.




I like wounds that don't bleed.
but in the end it was a Kelly Cline lesson that got me on the podium. Something he personally taught me in a few cross races last year. Its not the type of advice I'd like to share. Its one you have to go learn yourself. Just to stay with the nose thing, I always trim my nose hairs a night before a TT.


to the force of a storm, and Sunday night TV. Listen well this week! dlowe.

No comments: