Pages

7.25.2009

new/same/Zone


Yesterday I was in the Zone. Since deciding that its cross time, and putting road, mountain, the drives ride, all of spring training, the crits, climbs and fun I've had this year behind me, I've found that Zone again. I threw away my number from the last cross race I did last year. #365 I was keeping it to remind myself to keep my mouth shut, to ride to have fun, to try to live up to my standards, and not be disappointed/angry in those who don't. I don't need it now, I really don't need a Buddha, or something symbolic, just some cognitive hard work and focusing in on my ideas.


The headless Buddha is gone, the whole statue is gone, and it was big. I think he is head down in the Schuylkill river that ran behind him. That would be cool, I imagine the headless Buddha, buried in the murky mud, and life flowing by, he's happy, I'm happy.


and for a while I was looking for a new object to help me focus my thoughts, to help me imagine bigger things than the simple ideas inside my head. I was out doing my cross intervals, listen to music and just hitting a short recovery section and I rode across a single old worn out work glove. There was a hand inside that glove at some time. The glove was well worn, so the body that wore it, I imagined, must of been challenged.


I want to find my own solutions, and seek out simple things in the world that's close by me, and explore the challenges and shocks of the world that are outside of my neighborhood. focus. simple goals, concentration, and good friends. cheers, dlowe.

No comments: