Pages

7.29.2009

drizzle




cognitive.




umhh... this ones a tough one, so I might just forget it for now, seeing I've deleted everything I've written the past five tries. so simple still. Tweaking my cross bike, road the tubulars today out in the rain, and mud. more 10cent advice. I think if your training to race cross you should be training on your cross bike. I do my intervals on the cross bike, burrring sound of my tires tread buzzing, getting it dialed in.




It was just warm and humid when I left my house, then it rained on me. Cool pockets of air, and everything was greener, lots of greens. I drop onto the road to connect the ride. In the pouring rain. It made me feel good sitting on my bikes, looking at the traffic backing up. Car, car, car...


Sometimes work sucks, and the beer really hits spot. So raise your cold tecate and Cheers, to my friends. bloke, mate, pals... dlowe.

3 comments:

Philly Phoodie said...

Hey I love your blog. I just came across it while looking for info on the fall Cross races in the area. I am new to cross, and would love to enter some races for fun this fall. Do you have any tips or suggestions as to where I can find current race info. Also, are the Wednesday night Belmont training rides still in effect?

d.lowe said...

Hmmmm... Mr S. You are a perplexing person. You have a good appetite, but not quite sure your drink of choice. Beer? Racing Cross? Hmmm.... OK you owe me. Look on the right side of the blog, there is a list of races, and right below, links to the race series. I think you must sell your fixed geared bike and do crits. You know develop the nerves of steel. I hear Steel is Real. Seek out the 1st mudhoney single, don't worry about the $$$$, and just listen to it over and over again and again. There, to me, is always an uneasy, wondering if there will be Wednesday's in Belmont. But if there is I always seek it out in September. Alas, I might be up for some grasss track Asss racing on monday's in August, that young one might be your 1st problem to solve. Excuse me if I'm curt, but my heart still beats rapid from racin in the mud with Dee Dee Winfield, some applecrisp and ice cream. Now I'll have another beer, but soon, I'll hit the hay, 'cause, cousin, I got some train to do in the morning. Thank you for the question. cheers love, dlowe

Philly Phoodie said...

Thanks for the list of resources. What race were you going to do this weekend? I cut my teeth at the Spring mount race. First go at racing. On a single speed 29er. The course was chaos. But it was amazing. Beer of choice, any good IPA. Commuter of choice is my early 90's cannondale. Fixed gear is not my scene. I have a road bike, but I do not do crits. Just training rides.