Pages

6.03.2009

The Grey Whisper Mist

whispers, the word sounds so gentle. No. When the soft words are making suggestions in my brain, its loud and clear. It ran in many different verses through my mind during the drives ride last night. Most of the riders drove me crazy. Pull through dudes, don't blow up now, in front of me. Faster. Ok lets keep it up, come on don't let me ride off the front. Your going to sit in for the whole of West River Drive to "win!" the sprint. Shut-up you loud talking, no-pro cat three racer. On and on the inner whispers ran. I know why. Cause I'm going to be off the bike for 6 days in a row. I don't think I'm gonna get the chance to pedal for six days. I wanted a John Henry type of work out. On the tip of the saddle. I wanted to spend everything I had, I tried. I want to bleed pain. Now I just sip my Yards TJ Ale.

I have to say that the thought of leaving Philly, moving some place nicer, has been running through my mind. I don't think its going to be this year. Maybe because of this Ale. Its good. A sticky beer, with a hard heel kick. Like the pungent smell of a barn, but somehow old and good. Yummy. That's a good beer word. As I pedaled home and thought about all the whispers and the drives ride, I turned left and went up the sweetbrair cutoff. Towards the whispering wall. Of course I stopped and enjoyed the changing of the light. The clouds, and the color. I though about what I would whisper. "Pedal your Fucking Bike". cheers. dlowe.

......the grey whisper mist is the gentle escaping gas that you notice when you pry the top off a good bottle of beer.

No comments: