Pages

6.26.2009

dab


there is a sound that you hear when you tip a beer back, as the brew goes from the bottle to your stomach. A thumping. Its reminds me of a stone stuck in a tire. rolling along at about 35 miles per hour. its the air going in as the beer goes out. flow, I seek it in life. I've felt it on the bike. On a mountain bike its cutting a corner, and your shoulder breezing just across the bark of the tree. Over the downed log in a smooth motion. On the road I find it in a break away, each rider pulling through, brief seconds in the wind. And cross, when there is nothing but speed. I don't train to win. I have won some races, but first place is not the biggest or most satisfying victory. not always. I search for flow. Its been a while since I've done a lap of the Wissahickon on my SS, tomorrow that's my ride. Again. Then I'll take a nap, work all night. Get up, and go do some hill intervals on my bike.

Now my big decision, to open another beer, or not. I'm just lying on the couch, with a tilt of my head I see the Raleigh SS, and with a push of a button its back to Slumdog Millionaire. Cheers folks, and good luck with your flows. dlowe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fluttering over logs,
Lofting over downed limbs,
Opening up the throttle,
Whipping through the woods.

Enjoyed this entry. I completely relate to your sentiment.

To Flow,
Mike