Pages

12.30.2010

home Stretch

I am curious about motivation.  I've been amazed about how hard I can go in certain situations.  Like being late for a dinner date with my wife, I've done some of my best TT'ing trying to get home in time. 

I've started my racing training, and back on to that familiar stretch.   for my body, but what for the mind?

"A skillful, balanced approach is helpful for one's physical and emotional health, and it applies to one's spiritual growth as well."  my morning tweet from the holy deity Mr. Lama.

I find a selfish joy in my suffering on the bike, some don't like the indoor trainer workouts,  the intense interval workouts,  lungs gasping for air, dead legs, or the careful eating habits, the reduction in beer intake(right).
but that is the...It, for me.  It helps me find a place, a peace, the real ability to be able to pedal myself to far away places. 

photo: M. Harris

I did not win that sprint, but in my heart, mind and soul, next time I will.

So...what I lack in bike racing tactic and intelligence, I'll try to make up with my unbridled spirit.



I like to sit and watch the horses, its good for me to have destinations to ride to.  One is the stables. 
 
Intimidating beast?


Hello the season of 2011, put on your fenders, plan your racing peaks, and do your proper training.
 
.....and watch for those township lines....cheers, dlowe. 

No comments: