Pages

8.16.2010

Hope

I was quite inspired by my conversation with Hope last night, but I've given up trying to put it into blogger terms, so heres a "letter" I sent befor hitting the hay.
"How’d was your weekend. I’m a bit tips-yed. Helped george make cement and repair his front porch, Nice. Fixxed up a spat between Lee and I, pffft, good. And road over to the mann to sipp some beer and listen to MGMT. Hope was hovering at my bench. This mis-guided sorta lost winnonna like girl. Sat and chatted with hope. Was strange. Then road home through a dope-heavy thug party picnic, like apocalypse now scene. Weed smells so good. The thugs let me go, and the music was good. Now to bed. Cheers! d. "

not much I can add to that.  I can't decide if I believe in "hope" or if its a wasted effort, and you make your "hope". 

grass track tonight was nice, Joe Wentzel supplied some cold PBR's, a good turn out, strong racing, and the mingling afterward again shows me, that the love of the Cross Effort makes good people.


I want to race in white socks, I'll need lots of fresh, crisp, new socks.  For the pre-ride warm up, and a new pair for the starting line.  I'm thinking maybe  40 or 50 pairs would get me through the season.  I'll just use the old ones in practice.
cheeers, dl.

No comments: