Pages

10.19.2008

Wissahickon Rockin'

and a bunch of photos....

Erik Mithcell earned his upgrade points, to full fledge Cylcocross Rock star. Cross is about the fans, the biffs on the barriers, crashing at full speed, being able to run and jump onto your bike, the BEER, and thank god the brief chance to live like a rock star. Earlier in the day today Erik did the B-race, did well, but it was not enough for him. As we sat under the HZ tent, me cracking a PBR, eating a veggie burger, I tried to convince him to join me. He would not! His intentions, to race the elite race.
The elite race soon started, I heard the roar come up towards the tent. A blast of air, dust, and a blur of eyes popping out of their head faces went quickly by. Chad, Nick and Erik were in there, with the fastest cross racers in America. I got my tired ass out of my chair and made it to the barriers run-up, after 5 or 6 laps I knew it was time. I saw Anthony and I knew he had deep pockets, I made my way to him and asked for a PBR, he dug in and pulled out a cold one. I went back to the run-up, and waited for Erik. He rounded the corner and was on his way. I leaned into the course tape, holding the PBR out, his eye caught the can, he shoulder his bike, cleared the barriers, and grabbed the beer.
Holding it high, while running, he took a good belt. Everyone was yelling, he sprayed the air, and dumped it on his head, drank the rest, jumped on his bike and was back off racing. Thus earning him an automatic upgrade to cyclocross rock star. On behalf of the entire HZ/PBR cross team, congratulations Erik.















No comments: