Pages

10.06.2008

Stan's to the rescue


So Sunday at the Hillbilly Hustle I flatted on the last lap. Flats are a horrible consequence in any form of racing, but the last lap of a cross race just plain sucks. Worst yet when your running tubulars, $80 - $100 a tire when it goes flat at the beginning of the season sucks. That was until last year when I invested $10 in a little device from Stans No Tube. If you are a mountain biker then you have no doubt messed with Stans tire sealant before or at least your shop has setup a wheelset or two. Stans is amazing stuff and with the Injector kit, saves you the money and hassle of dealing with a new tire. It also makes the tire hold air for an extremely extended time. I put Stans in a tubular last December and it still had air it in June. So last night after I woke up from my post race meal coma, I injected the flat tire with a scoop of sealant. I went ahead and injected the other tire along with my spare wheelset. I pumped each tire to about 50psi and I'm glad to announce that each tire was rock hard this morning. Sealing up four wheels took me about 35 minutes and 1 beer. Well worth it if you ask me!
Later readers
Nick

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a weiner pump..