Pages

10.18.2008

Granogue, Dali, Wright bros. Cross


During the first lap of the Granogue cyclocross race, as the large pack of CYCLOCROSS RACERS headed around the back of the water tower, dust filled the air. The dry ground created a very fine mist. I took it in. I thought," I really want to remember this sight", these men churning up the soil. Old men racing bicycles. Riding road bikes in dirt with knobby tires. Yeah it all makes perfect sense.
I've spent so many hours riding my bike, working hard, just like all of you. Today made all the hard work worth it. People sometimes ask, if you could meet anybody who would it be? or if you could go back in time what time would you go to? Never had an answer, till today. I would want to meet the Wright brothers, ride one of their beautiful bikes.
and I would of loved to see the expression on his face when he landed the plane.
tomorrow Wissahickon's Ludwig Corner Cross race. cheers. dl

No comments: