Pages

10.26.2008

That is a hematoma (or how many times can you crash in one race?)








That is not my leg.



But I feel like by the time I wake up from last nights ER shift, It might.



Raced whirlybird today. Raced B. Felt like i was having a pretty charmed season so far, and was ready to have another good race.



The start went well, was in the first 1/3, came into the little downhill section before you turned up and into a set of barriers 180 degrees, when I was sliding on my ass downhill. this did not hurt, but I lost a few spots.





Held it on the second lap, then rolling through an innocuous section, I was on my ass again, but slid sideways, right on to my left hip. this hurt. Slowly got back on to bike, wtched 8 people pass me cause it hurt to pedal, then got going again. Was chasing hard to gt back on, carried speed into a fallaway turn when I was down again. Hard. On the hip I just fell on. Got wind knocked out of me. Down. Wasn't moving. Then Thor (Louis S.) found me, grabbed my bike, put the chain back on, yelled "get up you pussy"...so I pedaled off...slowly..







You get the drift. A total disaster. I fell another 3 times, for a total of six crashes. In one race.


I fell on turns


I crashed in the circle of death


I crashed twice on straightaways.



Like Ricky Bobby says, Rubbin' is Racin

Thats the beauty of cross...theres always next week. See ya at fair hill....If I can walk I will ride.

No comments: