Pages

10.26.2008

'tucky blue grass




Two days of USGP in Louisville, Me, Chad and Nick. Day one. I had a big beer, and then I came in 8th. Meet super fan,




who gave me a PBR. Day two, after some discussion, it was agreed that at the start of my race, I was going to move up from my 4th row starting position, and go to the front of the race. The gun went.
By the time we left the pavement onto the cement, I was sitting in 4th, behind a team of three. Two blocking and one slowly pulling away. Then the leader's bike (and him) flipped upside down, and he stock-car-ed it, I went off the front. Yeah, Me! I finished 14th, nuf. Made lots o' ZOOM, PBR shout outs from fans along the course. Later we played some beach volley ball in the sand pit, the Kona team and me kicked, Nick, Chad, Tim Johnson, and J. Powers team's ass. It was really funny when Trebon spiked the ball off of Chad for the match point. Poor Chad has a big contusion on his arm, he should be OK by the Fairhill race.


Nick's & Chad's compiled "Quotes" of the weekend;

"All ghetto crossers in the back." Willy Elliston after realizing him and Steevo were the only racers with clinchers.

"Don't waste the Highlife!" D. Lowe telling Chad that he shouldn't add Highlife to the crap Double I.P.A. they bought from Bluegrass Brewing Company.

"Another sweet tea sir?" our Mexican waiter asking Dave if he wanted another 32oz mug of beer

"God this beer is awful , but it f's your brain up" - In response to a sip of Bluegrass Brewing Homewrecker double IPA

"That is the best Pro team Jerseys out there" - Dude telling me he thought HZ/PBR pro team jersies were the best.

We felt PBR love from everyone! So many locals befriended us just because of PBR. It was great. Can't wait for the next big race weekend!



dlowe, nick and chad.

No comments: