Pages

1.31.2014

Nicer.

today was one of those days I walked to the shed, in the backyard, to get the bike,  barefooted.
I love riding about Phila.  some girls loud talking out on a porch,  saw me coming outta the small alley street,
"yo, dude on a bicycle".
We all waved to each other.

a tribute mural to the Black Cowboys of Phila.

I'd like to think my cross loop, its the most historical, noteworthy ride in America.

the book I've started is.... "Treacherous Beauty"   Peggy Shippen, The woman behind Benedict Arnold's plot to betray america.

I rode past the Falls of the Schuylkill,  Ms. Shippen when she was young, lived there.  and The house up by where we use to have CX practice, along the Boxer trail,  Benedict bought it,  but never got the chance to live in it.  

I road down the short dirt alley to look at Coltrane playing in his backyard.
I don't think I'll ever be a philadelphian,  Ohio.  That land is what I considered raised on.
I was born in Indian, but no means am I a Hoosier.

Zoikes,
what a warmer day does to one.

Cheers, dlowe.


No comments: