Pages

8.14.2011

Hooker

I'm a hooker.   I became a hooker when I changed from Shimano to Sram on my cross bike.   I could ride with my hands on the hoods of shimano, I found my hands, on sram, had a tendency to slide up, bounce up, feel like they were going to pop off, and I felt I had less leverage and control.   I really  noticed this on steep, bumpy down hills.

Tim Johnson's cross grip.


another view

sort like this, I wrap my pinkie behind the bar and pinch my hand together, sorta like a lobster.  I keep the other 3 fingers on top of the levers.  I can't do it with just one on top, feathering it style.  

Got out for a nice wet ride this morning on the cross bike this morning, stop to take some pics but too much drizzle to get anything nice.  The phone/camera was steamed, and getting damp.




steamed.





re-built the 28mm lens, removed a bit more of the rear body, and got the rear element to be closer to the "film plane"  of chip.   Its quite nice, and as I thought, the wider image is more useful, beats the 50mm.

just took a couple of snaps around the yard.



just a nice rainy day in Bala Cynwyd.  Cheers, d.

No comments: