Pages

9.27.2008

King Me


I might not be the king of cross, but I am a King of Shaves. Got a nice call up at today's race, I stayed in the center of the runway wide width starting grid, put it into a good sprint start gear, and with a quick whistle I was off in a 100 yard dash to a hard left corner. I race elite masters 35+, 45+, I've worked hard on getting faster, umh... I've still got some work to do. I'm not quite sure why, but I can get going quick, I hold back a bit, and go into the first turn sitting a pretty 5th. Didn't last long, ah drifted back, drifted forward, so on. I went into the race with some good leg hair stubble. I think it really slowed me down, too much wind resistance, and the hair picked up the added weight of mud, so my legs were heavy. So in my post race shower, I got a shave on. Seriously, the King of Shaves http://www.kmishop.com/?nwbr=US is the best, smooth, gel, ahh, the razor cuts the hair close. Nothing feels like a fresh shave. I'm gonna e-mail this to corporate at K of S and see if I can't get me some, who knows maybe you'll see 'em on the jersey right next to Pabst Blue Ribbon. cheers all, from your PBR drinking, legs shaving cyclocross racer. dlowe

No comments: