Pages

9.12.2008

Tall Socks

I’m sure all of you have seen Brad’s cooool modified socks.

I had to get some more info on the subject so here it is:


Name: Brad Fergoson Status with the ladies: Married
Age: 34 Years Riding: 27
Height: 5’11 Favorite Pro: Jon Hamblen
Weight: 175-190


Anthony: What is your earliest memory of socks?
Brad: When I was 5 I got my first pair of knee high soccer socks… the kind you put your shin guards under. My Mom recently reminded me I used to sit down and pick flowers during my soccer games.

A: Where did your hatred of short socks come from?
B: I would have to say Michael Cooper of the Lakers, Alejendco Valverde, and E.J. Klocle McKook . E.J. rides in those tennis socks with the little pom-poms.

A: What was your first sock cutting experience?
B: I cut a pair of my old Bikes ByKle socks. All thighs considered it went pretty well despite some minimal fraying.

A: If you could be a sock on anyone’s foot who would it be?
B: I’d have to say Christy Brinkley during the pool scene in vacation or maybe Getty Lee of Rush.

A: What music do you typically listen to while cutting socks?
B: Fair Warning for white socks and Raining Blood for everything else.

A: What is your take on socks and sandals?
B: Boy!!! NO BERKS AND SOCKS!

A: What aspects of riding benefits most from your cut socks?
B: They make me look so pro that when I get dropped people actually think I’m off the front of the race behind or in the case of a crit, lapping the field.

A: Any words of inspiration for future sock cutters?
B: Don’t give into the pressure to perform. There are plenty of cyclists cutting socks dope free. If we are going to save this sport, we need complete transparency to include sock cutting.

A: Are there any disadvantages to tall socks?
B: Not really unless you have a “Born to Lose” tattoo you don’t want covered.

A: How do the ladies feel about tall socks?B: Not really sure, being married and follicle challenged, I don’t often converse with the fairer sex.


Long custom and the short original.



1. Fold sock inside-out



2. Cut along the seem.



3. Continue cutting.


4. Flip the inside back out

5. Stretch to new length
6. Admire work
7. Show off styling new "Tall Socks"

Interview by Anthony, photos. d lowe

1 comment:

CM said...

I have to admit to being a little disappointed that at no point in this interview was Van Halen's 1984 mentioned.