Pages

9.04.2008

Philadelphia Cyclocross practice


Philly Cross practice @ Belmont Plateau Wednesday 6:00 Sharp!


Ah, you can take it for granted, but we all drink out of the same river. I made it to Kelly Clines cyclocross practice at Belmont Plateau. I spun my dreary legs with a hide cadence on the short ride to the beautiful Plateau, knowing no matter how tired my legs were that I would still put in my strongest efforts in this fun, but competitive cross practice. Kelly had the barriers up and a rough course laid out. A good number of cross riders lined up, and we were off on some laps. How nice is it to feel the blood flow? To pinch the corner, hitting it too hot, pushing to hold your line, gasping again for air. My pain has returned. Its cross pre-season. Gathering borrowed parts, new improved bits and upgrades, the ointments, skin suits, and determining the all important wheel/tire selection. To futured shared beers after racing, to the silence before the surprising start. To wanting to quit. I hold my beer high tonight, cheers cyclocross.

No comments: