Pages

9.25.2011

spunk

 on the way to the car after the show Saturday night, nice fireworks going off over the river....
I saw X, again,  Saturday, at a sorta strange punk fest.   Is punk dead, or alive right now, I'm not sure what phase its moved to?     Its been a long time, almost 20 years since I've seen X play.    I don't think I could have imagined at that time, how much  music and our world would change.   From being underground, DIY, to "punk"  playing on a cities festival pier, $20 t-shirts are a norm, miller light banners all over the place and da punk people walking about sipping from them plastic Miller Lite  beer bottles.  

I got to the front of the stage early, standing almost exactly the same place I stood last time I saw them.   To the left, in front of Billy Zoom.  
They sounded good, a bit rough,  and not quite full of the zests/spunk that they had at the first show.

 its nice in life when things last,

and I look back, and see how I and the world have changed.
and how I imagined what my world was going to be,...
nothing like I ever imagined.

Ronald Regan is a hero, Ha!  The death of the Music industry and its $16.99 CD
Tasty beers everywhere.
cars that still only get 18mpg

The independent, they seem to be more independent, and the dependent
they seem to even more locked into their controlled simple lives.

Longevity, we create our own history, for most, right now, despite their hundreds of thousands, pictures, videos and words we create, will disappear into a  quick and most anonymous death.
we are just wanking off

our sports stadiums, life span 20 years, school buildings 35 years, nothing is made to last
not much is thought is given to why we build and create, that maybe in 100 or 1000 years someone would like to look at what we've made,
and read something into it
what our hearts and minds were like during our lives

I like this young/old city of Philly,
in its short life, you see ebbs and flows of human existence
suffering, creation, invention, refinement, debate, care, hate, abandonment
This city can't deny it's ID


we are an animal that loves the creation of competitions
Whirlybird,
I don't think anyone can imagine what goes through the mind of a  racer.
By the time I am ten feet past the finish line, my minds been blanked.
The thoughts, suffering, purpose, its gone, so temporary.
I hope cross last for 1000's of years
I think there is a good chance it will, I plan to race the rest of my life.
cross has no poseurs
you don't fake it out there.

we all suffer


I don't care about leaving my mark on the world, but I do think it is important for me, to be part of a statement, of some thing that represents our time,
something that others can look back on,  in,  I hope the far future,
and see part of us

That they can sit and reflect on what we left to them,
and how life, millions and millions of people
have been here
and that the brief moments we have
and Super Deep Powerful Moments, of our Importance, are
     much like the intense thoughts and feelings blasting through our brains during a simple cross race
I'm amazed that what I feel, that at that time is so strong and intense can be so brief...pooof


a good day to you
cheers, david.

No comments: