Pages

3.21.2010

Pot hole

I got out early, chilly, the day not yet warm from the sun.
I just wore a kit, no leg or arm warmers, trying to ignite a fire in my soul.
thinking, thinking,
the sun rose, and the yellow climbed across and up over the land.

All  my thinking and trying to resolve had to do with my family.
We don't talk, or see each other much.   Never close with my siblings.
I never felt it was a loss, since I never really had it.
but I've felt anger,
and somehow things moved forward.
for the first time my dad opened up to me, and it felt good to talk.  A first for us.
This might sound strange to most, but today after our little less awkward hug,  I said "luv you", and felt something.


I don't know what I hit, so fast, that nothing went to slow motion till after I saw the bike coming down on me.
and I sat waiting  to see what the damage was.
nothing major.
I ripped both the tires off the rims, after a lot of pumping, I felt clear headed enough to ride on.



No comments: